We are committed to ensuring that we comply with the eight data protection principles as laid down by the Data Protection Act 1998.
- We shall determine what personally identifiable information is collected, how it is used and with whom it may be shared;
- All information will be kept secure and not disclosed to another organization without the individual’s consent;
- Personal data will be obtained only for the purpose specified and should be adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purposes required;
- Data should be regularly reviewed and updated; if no longer required, will be deleted and disposed of;
- individuals may request details of personal information which we hold at any time;
- Personal data is used only to meet our operational needs or fulfill legal requirements, we will not sell, distribute or lease personal information to third parties unless we have permission or are required by law to do so;
- We shall provide adequate security measures to protect personal data;
- We shall take steps to ensure that personal data is up to date and accurate.
We shall regularly review data protection procedures and guidelines within the organization.
The above rules apply regardless of whether data is stored electronically, on paper, or on other materials. To comply with the law, personal information must be collected and used fairly, stored safely, and not disclosed unlawfully.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive; when you visit our website, a cookie is used to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time whilst on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience of our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.